The Trust operates for the following charitable purposes:
1. To coordinate, conduct and promote efforts for the provision of healthy, nutritious meals to families or persons in need.
2. To provide assistance and promote education in the areas of health, nutrition and basic living skills.
3. To provide healthy nutritious meals, support and advice for people who are seriously in need through social, economic, cultural, physical or mental problems.
4. To liase with any organisation, body or agency in New Zealand on issues relevant and beneficial to people in need, as well as in relation to the purposes of the Trust projects
5. To help people in times of crises
6. To do all such other matters and services as necessary, incidental or conducive to achieve the stated objectives.
7. To be obligated to carry out whatever else is legally necessary for the growth and promotion of the Trust.
8. To ensure that ongoing funding is provided in order to achieve the above-mentioned objectives
Note: The main sectors, activities and beneficiaries are bolded.
Provides services (e.g. care / counselling)
Provides advice / information / advocacy
Health, Emergency / disaster relief, Social services, Fund-raising
Children / young people, Other charities, Voluntary bodies other than charities, Older people, People with disabilities, People of a certain ethnic / racial origin, Family / whanau, Migrants / refugees, Religious groups
Being a Registered charitable trust, Food For Families management structure has been set up according to the Charities Act using a board of trustees. All activites of the trust are carried out by local voluntary staff under the direction of our coordinator. Decisions regarding the trust are decided by the board of trustees.
Annual Returns are due within 6 months of a charity’s balance date (financial year-end), or a longer period if an extension has been granted.
Here is a list of all the details changed by the charity, for example adding or removing officers, amending rules, changing balance dates or updating address details.